Custom building: new homes with old souls.
Custom should mean custom. Made specifically for you with design that makes your life flow seamlessly. That’s the Highmark Difference.
We use exceptional materials and finishes. Master craftsmanship. Highmark understands every detail affects the whole—from lot placement, to architecture and interior design, to construction and finishing—and we make sure those details are attended to.
Get inspired to build your custom home! Visit the Highmark Galleries & Video and let the dreaming begin.
The Highmark custom home building process is industry leading.
This is how we build homes in Minnesota for you and your family:
Step One: Consultation
Our first meeting is a chance for us to learn about your plans and dreams.
- Where Is the Lot Located? Let’s Meet At The Site and Get A Feel For The Property.
- Architecture. What Is Your Style?
- Establishing Your Initial Budget
Step Two: Architectural/Design Agreement
Determining priorities, goals and the scope of your project.
- Deciphering Priorities for the Design
- Determining Goals for the Project. When's the End Date?
- Developing the First Initial Design
- Sign Off
Step Four: Pricing
Taking the mystery out of home-building costs.
- Pricing Policy and Procedures
- Competitive Bid Process with Our Trusted Subcontractors
- Payment Plans
- Discount Opportunities
Step Five: Pre-Construction
Final preparations and details ensure a smooth building phase.
- Establishing the Working Relationship with the Homeowner, Project Mgmt, and Superintendent
- Reviewing Expectations for the Schedule, Progress and Materials Selected
- Establishing Construction Start Date and Final Schedule
Step Seven: Completion
With the finish line in sight, it's time to meet your new home.
- Developing the Projects “Punch List”
- Training Sessions for Appliances, A/V, and Mechanical Systems
- Maintenance Overview to Keep Your Home Happy and Healthy
- Closing with the Bank and Highmark Builders
Step Eight: Warranties
Two different warranties ensure that you have recourse should any possible issues arise with your new home.
- 1 year warranty on materials and workmanship
- 2 year mechanical, electrical and plumbing warranty
- 10 year structural warranty
Highmark Builders Warranty Plus
- 30 day walk-through after move-in with the Highmark team
- 5 year labor warranty on all Highmark Builders finish carpentry
- 5 year labor warranty on all Highmark Exteriors siding & roofing
- Our Online Warranty Management System
Maintenance and Service Plans
- Highmark offers a range of home maintenance and service plans too, contact us for more info.
Step Nine: Stay in the Loop with BuilderTREND
Finally, our BuilderTREND project management system enables simple and secure communication 24/7 to keep projects moving smoothly and transparently.
With a BuilderTREND login, clients can track every detail, including:
- Work Orders
- Change Orders
We want the entire remodeling process to go as smoothly as possible, and we're all about customer service. To talk more about your remodeling project, contact us today.